Saturday 25 February 2012

So this week was pretty amazing! On sunday we went to see le chateau de Chambord which was fantastic. At the moment they're cleaning the stone, because it's turning all black from the polusion, so part of the castle was covered, but it was still amazing.
The castle has a double spiral staircase, designed by Leonardo DaVinci which was really cool, because the 2 stair case are intertwined so that you never see the other stair case, and it's really, really cool.
School's going great, I'm meeting a ton of new people and I'm not having to much trouble with the school work. I had a musique test and a french test this week and i suprisingly don't think i did to awful :)
My violin lessons are great, I have a fantastic teacher who is very understanding and quite happy to help me continue with my current studies. We just started the next song in suzuki book 4, and i can't wait to continue working with him.
On thursday Amarande took me to 'gym' at the comunity center, where a teacher guides us through a bunch of exercises for legs and abs. I am seriously out of shape and was practically limping by the end of it and could barely do the bike ride back home, but I'm so glad to be doing some exercise!
Yesterday, after school we drove down (about an hour away from Chaille) to some friends of the familly and ate the most fantastic diner. First appetizers and drinks, then, using these cool little cookers cooked up differnt cheeses with ham and a bunch of assorted meats a then poored the melted sauce over boiled potatoes. It was SO good, and then for dessert we had fruit with chocolate and white chocolate creams. We didn't get back until after midnight, but I have to say the car rides are much more fun; singing lisening to music together and playing games.
So now, finally, we're on vacation!!! On thursday we are doing the 8 hour drive to Grenoble and go skiing in the mountains with the rest of the Rouillions! Before we go we're going to visit a bunch of other castles and I can't wait. It's time for lunch so I better go, but talk to you soon! :)))))

No comments:

Post a Comment